February 15, 2008

Remember

These moments are merely memories
Etched into my brain,
Entertaining my thoughts,
time and time again.
I grasp ahold of them with force,
Fearful of forgetting a single detail.

A moment as simple -
as the bread and butter on the table
I was young and carefree
Monopoly board laid out
Oldies music on the radio.
Snow fell fast outside
And the air was cold -
hard to breathe in.
We laughed together,
joking, talking, smiling.
You were a hero in my eyes,
A home away from home.
I lived for weekends such as
these; comforted in your arms

Repitition gives way to clearful recongition,
and this is all I ask.
That your memory remain -
In my mind.
In my thoughts.
In my heart.
For even though you are gone,
You will continue to live on,
In my past, in my present, and
In my future.

No comments: