March 06, 2008

Lord I need you.

the Lord works in mysterious ways. sometimes I really don't understand how or why things happen. I try my hardest to be the best person I can be, and to not offend people and keep my opinions to myself unless I feel they need to be talked about. I think sometimes I hold things in too long and then they end up coming out in a totally wrong way... I don't know how to find the medium. when to keep my mouth shut and when to say how I feel. which is weird cuz I'm one of those people who rarely have a problem talking. I'm one of those people who rarely has a problem opening up. I talk. I communicate. I share. too much a lot of the time. I trust too easily and get hurt because of it. I like to think the best of people... and I don't like to let things get to me. But I'm human, and sometimes they do. And sometimes that gets me into trouble. Like everyone I'm sure.

Lord - I know you have a purpose for everything. My heart is breaking right now... for me, for my family, and for my friends. I know we're all going through a rough time. We all have our struggles, our problems, our weaknesses. I tend to take other people's problems on as my own. I not only worry about my own concerns but I also worry about other people as well. Which is really unhealthy for me. You gave me a caring heart didn't you God? Sometimes I think its a little too big! ;) cuz it sure does seem to get me in trouble. I can't change people. Only you can... I just wish I could help. Help me say the right thing. Help me do the right thing. I've always been the struggling girl - the one who needed help from her brothers and sisters in Christ. I've always been the one who needed encouragement... needed someone to come along side of me and help me out. I don't really know how much I've been the one who sets the example. Being the example to someone is really new to me, and sometimes I think I'm not doing a very good job. I don't know when to speak and when not to speak. I don't know how to show someone I care, and share with them what I'm feeling without shoving my opinions down their throat. Although I really don't think I do that?? Lord - I need help! Help me show Your love, Your grace, Your mercy... because I know how wonderful it is... I know how amazing it can be... and how big of a difference it can make. It has definitely made a huge difference in my life and gave me the desire to want to know you better. I thank you for all the people you have placed in my life who have made such an impact on me... they have shown me your love in more ways than one, and I am so grateful. I just hope I can make even a fraction of that impact on the people around me. You are all powerful, all merciful, mighty God. I know you have a plan and a purpose for everything. Just use me the best way you need to. Help me to see your way. I love you Lord. And I need you right now... more than ever...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.