October 28, 2009

24 things for 24 boys.

There are 24 boys that I have at least "made-out" with in my life. I would say that not even half of that number knew, or knows, who I really am. I'm not saying that these are bad guys, not by any means (even though I have had some assholes in my day). In fact a lot of them are amazing guys. But - I'm saying that sometimes we let people connect with us physically when they don't even know us. So in light of that, I thought I would write 24 things that I bet only a handful of these boys know about me, or rather, that maybe few people know about me. Just a few little things. :) To share more about who I am.

  1. First – my first real kiss with tongue was playing spin-the-bottle, and the boy left a ring of saliva around my mouth. Not good. That same night I spent an enjoyable amount of time making out with boy 2. I had imagined saving my first kiss for someone that meant something to me… Fail.
  2. One of my biggest fears is choking, especially when I’m by myself. My dad has had to save my life twice and I’m scared that someday it’s going to happen and no one is going to be around to save me. Thus, one of the reasons why I purposely neglect to take my daily vitamins.
  3. I have a stuffed teddy named “Bear Bear” that I’ve had since I was 18 months old… I am now almost 21 and I still fall asleep holding him.
  4. I more or less have the movie Pearl Harbor memorized, line by line. And it still makes me cry – 9 times out of 10.
  5. I am very self-conscious about my stomach. I’ve never had abs and I’m sure I never will, but no matter how skinny people tell me I am I still have a huge issue with my stomach. It makes me feel fat, even when I know I’m not.
  6. I like snow. I love Christmas. I like winter. But, I prefer summer.
  7. I love doing laundry. I like to vacuum. And I don’t mind dusting. But I HATE doing the dishes. There will be a dishwasher in my future home, and 95% of everything will go in there if I have anything to say about it.
  8. I don’t like wearing socks, at all. They bother me. I will wear them in the winter, in my running shoes etc. But as soon as I’m home they come off. They make my feet feel claustrophobic.
  9. I don’t really like pop. But if I had to choose – Sprite is soothing. Pepsi over Diet Pepsi, and Diet Coke over Coke.
  10. I am Christian. But it’s more than that – I love Jesus and my faith in Him is by far the most important thing in my life, even if I fail to show that. He is the only constant “man” in my life and He loves me unconditionally no matter what. His grace never ends… I want to live for Him. And I want Him to be at the center of my future marriage. I want to fall in love with a man who loves God. I fail time and time again, at putting Him first – but that’s what my heart wants.
  11. I am obsessed with pictures and quotes. I love taking pictures. Looking at pictures. Framing pictures. Capturing the moments when I’m happy, with people who made me that way. And quotes have a way of lifting my spirits, giving me a little bit of hope or encouragement. I look for quotes online, and save them :)
  12. I used to be a vodka girl, but now I’m a beer girl, through and through. I could contribute that to having too much fun with vodka or spending the majority of my drinking days around boys – but either way, I love beer.
  13. I’m lucky enough to have an amazing family. Not one of those ones that you dread getting together, but one in which I’m sad every time I miss out on an occasion. My parents are incredible beyond belief, my brother is quiet but has a great heart, and my extended family loves me, and not just because they have to. I love my family.
  14. I’m a sucker for chick-flicks and cute romantic novels. I know I’m an English major and I’m supposed to have more intellectual tastes, but Nicholas Sparks still makes me smile in a simple way and The Notebook gets me every time.
  15. I can’t sleep in pants, or long sleeve shirts. If forced (extremely cold, or in the event that I pass out in what I’m wearing… ha.), I will obviously. But in normal circumstances – no way. Shorts/Underwear and a T-shirt/Tank Top. That’s it folks.
  16. I love running. I have always been a runner, and hopefully I will always be a runner. It makes me feel good, it’s fun, and it relieves my stress. There something about having a good run that no other exercise can come close to.
  17. I prefer small coffee huts/cafĂ©’s over Starbucks, or Dunn Bros, or Caribou or any of the other big coffee brands. I think they have better coffee – and also care more about the people rather than the business. Oh, and I’m addicted to coffee, seriously.
  18. Green is my favorite color.
  19. I have kept a blog for the past 6ish years of my life, and I bet only 10 people I know knew that. I didn’t tell anyone. It was my secret, especially this one. But recently, I posted the addy on Facebook – so now if someone runs across it so be it, I write for myself, not for other people.
  20. I like to bake; I don’t really like to cook. Or maybe, I just don’t have enough practice…
  21. I do care about getting physical with someone. Despite the drunken make-outs and the pointless “hook-ups,” I care. Sure, I think it can be fun but at the end of the day, I’m still the girl who wants the fairy tale. I’m still the girl who wants to be cherished, and loved, and appreciated – not used. And so, I care.
  22. Music heals the soul. True story.
  23. I’m easily pleased. I don’t need fancy things. Give me a beautiful day amongst nature with the people I love and I will be perfectly fine.
  24. I like my bed against the wall. And I usually sleep facing towards it. And even in the summer I like a lot of covers on my bed. A sheet and a comforter won’t do. I need more to feel safe. To be comfortable.

No comments: