May 24, 2010

I found a safe place.

You tell yourself you're strong. You tell yourself that you're going to be okay. Nothing can touch you. Nothing can break you. Nothing can harm you. You are standing on the edge of forever, and there is no end in sight. You're floating. You can't be stopped. The picture you paint on the faces of others speaks of happiness, of contentment, of strength, of determination. You have all those things. But you also have things you don't want to share with the world. You're full of doubt. You're full of questions. You're full of tears. You're full of sadness, and anger, and aching. You feel everything, full force. You take the wieght of the world on your shoulders. You analyze every detail. Every response that doesn't come. Every question that has yet to be answered. Every word that is spoken. You see the pain of others and you take it on. You want to save the world, but sometimes, all you're trying to do is save yourself. You're trying to hold onto your hope, your joy, your faith. And, sometimes, that means breaking down. That means falling apart. It means getting away from everyone and everything and crying until you can't cry anymore. Writing it out. Screaming it out. Talking it out. Listening to your favorite song, on repeat, for 3 hours. Whatever it takes. Just to make you feel whole again. Just to give you the realization that it's going to be okay. You don't have to be strong. You don't have to save everyone. You don't have to do it alone. Everything you feel, everything you doubt, everything you desire - God already knows. He will make the weak strong. He will make you strong. He will make me strong... For times such as these when I crumple to the floor, tears streaming down my face, and simply ask: Why? Where are you leading me, God? Show me the way. I know there will be days like this. I know that everything can't be happiness and smiles and reassurance. I have to continue to fight for that joy, God's joy. I have to fight to live. I have to fight to believe. And, at the end of the day, when the tears have been shed and my heart has been opened... I know it's going to be okay. Tomorrow is a new day. A gift. A new sunrise. And, God has it all under control.

No comments: