October 21, 2010

Psalm 145

I will bless you every day. I will praise your name forever and ever. No matter what comes my way I know that you remain at the center. Your plans are worthy to be praised. You guide me when I don't know where to turn. Alone, I am nothing. With you, I am strong. His greatness is unsearchable. I will never be able to fathom all that you do - in my life and throughout the world. I barely comprehend a fraction of your power, of your majesty. But what I do is amazing. You wreck me senseless. You shake me with your mercy. You hold me in your grace. You surround me with your love. You fill me with your peace. You give me joy unspeakable. I am unworthy - full of sin, selfishness, and doubt. And yet, you accept me as your own. As your child. The LORD is merciful, compassionate, patient, and always ready to forgive. Nothing I do can separate me from you. Even when I become lost in the darkness, your light finds a way to shine through. You are always there. You never falter. All it takes is my willingness to surrend - to open my hands in faith and allow myself to trust you completely. With all that I am. Even when I have no clue where you are leading, I have to say - I will follow you. I will listen to your voice. The LORD supports everyone who falls. And I will fall. I will fail. Time and time again. I will sin and turn away and when I come falling on my knees, He will always be there. With His unconditional love and kindess. The LORD is my sheperd, I shall not want.

You open your hand and you satisfy the desire of every living thing. The LORD is fair in all His ways and faithful in everything He does. The LORD is near to everyone who prays to Him, to every faithful person who prays to Him. LORD, you have my heart in your hands. You hold me in your arms. You know my struggles, You know my questions, You see my pain, You understand the root of my confusion. You see me. You hear me. You listen and you respond. Through it all, you never leave my side. I will be still and know that you are GOD - trusting you with my whole heart and having faith in Your perfect plan, believing that you have a plan - for all of this. You have a purpose. You will guide me, step by step.

You are my God, my King, my Father, my Friend.

No comments: