March 14, 2010

let the sun rise.

Well, I could be gone before you wake. This isn't permanent. It never was. It never will be.

Life isn't about guarantees. Life isn't about promises. Life is about choosing to live and praying to God that you wake up to see another day. That's all we ever do - pray for second chances, always, second chances. Because, somehow, we can never manage to get it right the first time. It's like we screw it up on purpose. Like, Oh Well, I'll do better tomorrow. I'll do better next time. Next time, I'll say no. Next time, I'll take a risk. Next time, I won't be afraid.

If we really looked at our lives, looked at ourselves, we would realize we know what we want all along. We always have. You can feel it, in the pit of your stomach. Knotting. Twisting. Yelling to you in that pivotal moment. Call it intuition. Call it your conscience. Call it doubt. Call it reason. Call it whatever the hell you want, but the truth remains - you feel it, and you choose to ignore it.

It is bullshit to say you go through life without "feeling" or "thinking". You're constantly thinking. Contemplating. Questioning. The day you stop feeling, the day you stop thinking, the day you stop questioning - you might as well stop living. Life has just become about what everyone else wants. Your needs are no longer important. You are numb, to yourself and to the world. You are sleep-walking through life. Anyone can hurt you, anyone can take you down.

Wake up. Wake the hell up. Take responsibility. Grasp onto the freedom you've been given. Life can be gone at any moment. You might not be here tomorrow. The sun might rise, and you might not be here to see it. So why live for tomorrow? Live for today. Live for yourself. Speak up. Listen to your gut... who cares what other people think.

I don't want to be here anymore. In this place of, wish-I-hadn't, and wish-I-would've.

1 comment:

Mitch said...

Awesome. I know sometimes I don't take the time to realize how I feel about things. I handle things with a head and no heart.