March 07, 2010

Letter of Love.

To the Searching, To the Lost, To the Confused:

Why do you wander through the world on your own? Why do you insist on trying to hold yourself up? Don't you see I'm standing here... next to you... waiting to hold you in my arms. You are my child. My heart breaks to see you this way - lost and broken. Let me carry you through. Let me be your rock. Let me be your shelter. Let me be your comfort. You say you are undeserving, I say you are worth more than you will ever know. I have never left your side. Even when you lost your way, I was traveling along beside you, trying to get your attention. You try and hold it all together. You try and be strong. You tell yourself "if only I could do this, if only I could do that". If only you would see me. You don't have to walk through life, alone. Tell me. Share your heart, with Me. I can make the impossible, possible. I promise I will never leave you. I promise you will never have to be alone again. I know you want love. I know you want acceptance... I am waiting to give you those things, and so much more. I want to be your friend. I want to be the One you run to when times get tough. I want to invite you into my family. I want to give you eternal life. I want to give you a heart of joy. Trade in your concerns, your questions, your fears - and lay them down at my feet. I am asking you to make a change. Don't you hear me? Don't you understand how deep my love is for you? Unconditional. Never-faltering. Nothing you ever do will change how much I love you. You are beautiful. I created you. There is no one like you. You are my child. Let me hold you. You say your sin is too great. You say you've messed up too many times. You say you don't know how to get past it... all the regrets, all the mistakes, all the guilt. But, I forgive you. I am here to make you whole again. In your weakness, I will give you strength. I will give you a home. Forever. I died so that you may live. I would do it again, in a heartbeat, if only for you to know you are worthy. You are accepted. I yearn for you, won't you yearn for me? Child, I am waiting. Fall on your knees and let me catch your tears. I will pick you back up again, I will make you strong. Stand in me, and I will give you rest. I will give you reassurance. I will give you the promise of life everlasting. Love everlasting. Overflowing mercy. Neverending grace. Stop doing it all alone. Let me take your hand - let us do it together. Step by step. Day by day. Now, and forever.

I love you. I will always love you.
God.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is beautiful. i totally needed to hear some of this today, thankyou.

(ps i'm from 20sb in case you were wondering...)

Eilis said...

I love this! Definitely needed to hear some of this.

TheStepster said...

can't decide which posts i really like. a lot of them i can relate to.

and thanks for reading mine =)
(fellow 20SB)

Kari Ann said...

Thanks everyone :)