September 08, 2010

It's You.

Turn me around. Pick me up. Undo what I've become. Bring me back to the place of forgiveness and grace. I need you. I need your help. I can't do this myself. You're the only one who can undo what I've become.

I have a secret. (or two). I can't tell you. I can't bring myself to speak it aloud. I can't even write it down. I've tried. And, I will keep trying. One day, I will speak the truth. Even if it is only to myself. Even if it is only the blank pages who hear it. And then maybe, someday, someone will find it. Someone will read it. And it won't have to be a secret anymore. I'll have to face it. But, not today. Today I am still the girl who has one (or a few) secrets. Trying to take steps toward the only one who knows. Who may ever know.


And, it's comforting. To know that God knows. That He hears the things I leave unsaid. That He reads between the lines in my journal. That He can see into my heart. Because, without saying anything, I say everything. And, He hears it all... as He reaches out His hand to bring me back into His arms. Sometimes, I try to ignore it and fight it. But, at the end of the day, when all you really want is someone... knowing the someone of all someone's is holding you in His arms is pretty hard to resist.

1 comment:

Ris said...

Secrets can be frustrating. It's good to know God's there when we feel that no one else can be. I could totally relate to this post - this is me a few years ago.