February 03, 2011

A Conversation with God

"Sometimes it gets so dark, and I get scared," she said.
"My child, you never have to be scared again," He said.
"I don't see how. I can't see where I'm going," she said.
"I am the light of the world. I can light your path," He said.
"Why would you do that?" she said.
"Because I created you. Because I love you. Because I want you to be mine," He said.
"That's not true. No one wants me. No one loves me. I make a lot of mistakes. I'll let you down. I'll disappoint you," she said.
"I will love you anyways," He said.
"Why would you do that?" she said.
"Because you're worth it," He said.
"What if I lose you? What if I can't find you?" she said.
"You will never lose me," He said. "All you have to do is call to me, and I will be there. I will never leave you or forsake you."
"I'm afraid," she said.
"Don't be afraid. I am with you and I will rescue you," He said.
"What about all this stuff I have? My past. My regret. My pride. My shame. My guilt. My anger. My sadness. My weakness. It's too much to bring," she said.
"You don't have to hold onto it anymore," He said. "Let me make you new again."
"I am broken," she said.
"Let me heal you," He said.
"I am tired," she said.
"Let me carry you," He said.
"How do I live?" she said.
"Live in my love," He said.
"How?" she said.
"Surrender to me. I am the way, the truth, and the life," He said.
"Will you take it all? Will you help me up again? Will you show me how?" she said.
"I will walk beside you. I will give you a new heart and a new spirit," He said.
"How?" she said.
"Because I died for you. Your debt has been paid in full," He said.
"I still don't understand. Why?" she said.
"Because you are my daughter. Let me be your Father," He said.

6 comments:

Maria said...

Reminds me of the footprints on the sand.. makes me teary-eyed all the time. thanks for sharing :)

Kari Ann said...

You're very welcome : ) I love footprints on the sand too.

caterpillar said...

A beautiful piece of writing...really touching.

Anonymous said...

Love this, especially the very last line. Amazing!!

Blasphemous Aesthete said...

The fact that babies are born each moment is a living evidence that God hasn't lost hope in mankind afterall.

It's his Godliness that makes him God, ain't it. No matter what we are, who we are and what we do, all he needs from us is to call unto him and ask him to lead the way. He keeps a watch silently nevertheless.

Nice read.

Cheers,
Blasphemous Aesthete

Kari Ann said...

I appreciate all your comments so much!

Blasphemous Aesthete: Your comment found me when I needed a little reminder of my own. Thank you.