January 25, 2011

In lieu of writers block.

I have been slacking on the writing front lately, lacking motivation and the will to create. I find this happens from time to time - stuck in a rut, hating every word I put on the paper. I am hoping it subsides soon, so I can get back to doing what I love most. It could be as soon as tomorrow or... not. You never know when creativity will find you. As I say, "You can't force creativity." Because when I do, I find I am often dissatisfied with the final product.

So, until I return to my normative posting structure, I will leave you with this. I had planned on posting this article at the end of last semester. I had promised some of my friends, friends who read my blog and comment privately, that I would upload it as soon as it was complete. Obviously, I am a few months late, but better late than never!

It's an article I wrote my editing class. It's about my fear of commitment. Enjoy :-)

Finding Mr. Maybe

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to read this. Where is it?

Anonymous said...

Just kidding, just saw the link. I must be blind :P

Anonymous said...

Kari Ann,
I LOVE this article. The part about not quitting in the middle of a book, and especially the very last line, I love. I cannot relate to heartbreak from dating relationships, for I have always had too many doubts and fears to date much. But other bad relationships with men in my life (family) have led me to the exact place you are. Partially dreaming of what could be, but terrified and wanting to simply avoid it all at the same time. Great article.

DancinTravels said...

I've already read this! Alot! haha :) <3

Maria said...

i can never tell you enough how i love your writing.i'm in love with you're article and i echo your thoughts and emotions.. actually i'm planning to post about this letter i had for a guy, actually it's been there in my drafts since last year but i'm scared it's too personal and people might think i'm sharing too much..moreover i don't want to open old wounds. you're article has inspired me to finally post it.. and i hope you could read it too. thanks :)

btw i'm also stuck in writer's block, as if i'm a real writer!lol

hope you come around soon.

take care!

Anonymous said...

I've been struggling with the missing will to write for almost a year now. I miss it.

Kari Ann said...

Your comments are all very encouraging. Thank you : )

May you face your fears and rise above the boundaries others place on you. You are free to fly. Always hope. Be who you are.

Thanks for being a part of my journey on this blog. It's appreciaed more than you know.