January 10, 2011

you're like a glass of red wine.

I want to keep you on the shelf for safe keeping. Save you for a special occasion. I want to keep you for myself... to only choose to share you with the most trusted of friends. You are not meant for just any occasion. You are love. You are comfort. You are a diamond in the rough. What happens between us will remain a secret as long as I hold you. Do you know how rare you are? Matured and strong. Just sweet enough to taste but not too overbearing. You are a glass I want to fill and fill again. Lover, I want to drink you in.

I want to savor every drop you allow me to have. I want to enjoy every element of who you are and what you represent. You are elegance I cannot afford. Still, I would give my life savings just to have you for a segment in time. Would you be mine? Satisfy me. Let me taste you. Let me breathe you in. I promise I won't waste you. I won't take you for granted. I know what you are. I know I will never find another just like you. No one will ever fill me the way you do. No one will ever taste as sweet. You have stolen a place at the top of my chart. Promise you'll stay?

You're like red wine. I can't get enough. One glass was all it took to show me what I've been missing.

7 comments:

Maria said...

sweet! simply poetic."you're like red wine.." i like it. :)

NNL said...

This is so awesome.

DancinTravels said...

I want to drink wine now :)

Kari Ann said...

Yea, we seriously need to do that VERY soon : ) Next weekend. Denver. Books. Boulder. Poetry. AND wine.

DancinTravels said...

HOLY YES. DONE AND DONE.

20something girl said...

I LOVED this post!...it was very vivid and i could imagine wanting to "drink in" my boyfriend just from reading this!

Anonymous said...

Incredibly beautiful! I loved it. So poetic.