April 18, 2010

Be my pulse, my prayer, my God.

[He said I am. He said I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. He spoke, and it was done. He created the world with a spoken word. He died so that we may live. He is our Savior. He is our Lord. The Sovereign. The King. The Light of the World. Jehovah-Jireh, the provider. Almighty. Creator. Counselor. Mighty God. Prince of Peace. Deliverer. Lord of Lords. The Messiah. The Redeemer. The Rock. Our Shelter. Our Shield. He said, I am the Way, the Truth, and the Light.]

She said she felt alive. She said she believed in happiness and joy and laughter. She said she didn't believe in herself. She said she didn't deserve more than she had. She said she would be okay. Why are you crying? He said he didn't need anyone but himself. He said that somewhere along the way, work became more important. He said he was going to be famous someday. He said he would change the world. He said he didn't need anyone but himself. Let me lift up your face. She said she lived for the weekends. She said she prayed for someone to take her home at night. She said she needed someone to hold her. She said she had sex just to be held, just to feel wanted. She said she was barely hanging on. Why are you looking for love? She said she used to believe in God. She said she used to go to church. She said she used to pray. She said that one day she woke up. She said one day she didn't know how to believe anymore. Why are you still searching as if I'm not enough. He said he would walk until he found it. Whatever it was. He said he would walk the world until he found significance. He said he would walk until he found where he belonged. He said he was afraid he would walk forever. Where will you go child, where will you run?

She said I'm not okay. She said she needed something more. She said she didn't know what happiness was anymore. She was lost. She was scared. She was broken. She stopped feeling alive years ago, and she didn't know how to find her way back. I'll be your side wherever you fall, in the dead of night, whenever you call. He said he was lonely. He said he didn't have any friends. He said he didn't have anyone to talk to. He talked out loud and wondered if anyone heard him. He wondered if there was a God... She said the physical stopped being enough. She needed to be held everyday. She needed to find a constant source of comfort. She needed to find someone who would always be there. She said she was done living for the weekends. Please don't fight these hands that are holding you. She wanted proof. She wanted evidence that God existed. She wanted to believe again. But, she didn't know. She didn't know how to see the truth. She wanted something to hold onto again. She wanted her faith back. Look at these hands, they swallowed the grave. I drank the world's sin so I could carry you in and give you life. He said he was tired of walking. He said he would just stop. He felt dead inside. He felt dry. He felt lost and alone. He said he would sit here until he found it. Until, it came to him. He said he would sit here until he died. I want to give you life.

God said, I will transform your heart. God said, I will give you joy again. God said I will give you grace. I will give you mercy. I will dry dry your tears. God said, I am enough. God said, I can fix you. I can make you whole again. I can make the dead alive again. I will pick you up. I will heal you. I will restore you. God said, Let me hold you. Let me in your heart. Let me fill you with vibrant colors. Let me breathe the breath of life into you. God said, Accept me. God said, I will find you. You are significant to me. Talk to me. Cry to me. Live for me. God said, I love you, I want you to know, that I love you, I'll never let you go. My hands are holding you.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

heart stopping..
breath taking..


tears. fear. truth.