April 28, 2010

Live. Let Go. Breathe.



This is what the LORD says:
I, the Lord, made everything.
I stretched out the heavens by myself.
I spread out the earth all alone.

The end of the semester is just around the corner. Another year gone. Another week of finals. That time of the semseter to freak out and do a million things at once. Always the same worries. How will it all get done? But, it always does. Everytime. And, as I have gotten older, as the end of my school days suddenly are within sight... I realize, sometimes, you just have to breathe. Breathe deep. And not let yourself get stressed. It will be okay. More than that, you can make time to enjoy life. To enjoy the day. To take in the beauty God has put around you.

I awoke this morning surprisingly refreshed (after 5 hours of sleep) and full of life. By noon it was around 70 degrees. And I just knew that I couldn't let this day go to waste. I couldn't spend it cooped up in the library or being productive. I had to be outside. I convinced my friend Annalyn to go for a hike and we headed to Fort Collins... and, as I stood there, looking out at the lake and the vast landscape in front of me, only one things came to mind: How can you not believe there is a God?! So much beauty... there has to be credit given.

It is in these moments that I feel absorbed in my surroundings. I feel like I could stand there forever. Looking out. Taking it all in. Breathing in the fresh air. Thanking God for this moment - and for every moment. And, all I can do is smile. It's like I'm bubbling with this joy and unexplainable desire for life. For God. For everything around me. I'm happy, and I want everyone else to be happy. I want them to see this. I want them to see what I'm seeing. Yes, I'm a dork. Pure and simple. But, I think you have to be a dork sometimes - go crazy over the little things that take your breath away. The things that make you giggle. The things that make you wonder. You have to be dorky. You have to be spontaneous. Sometimes, you just have to live!

Obligations are important. Responsiblities cannot be thrown to the wayside. But, it is okay to take some time out of the chaos of every day life and escape. Get away. Do something you love. And, take someone you love along with you. Make a day of it. Stop worrying about tomorrow. Stop worrying about everything you have to get done. Stop stressing. Just breathe! And appreciate each new day for what it is: a gift from God. :) Let God surprise you. Open your eyes. Open your heart. Laugh. Smile. And, Give Thanks.

Everything came into existence through Him. Not one thing that exists was made without Him. He is the source of life, and that life is the light for humanity. The light shines in the dark, and the dark has never [and will never] distinguish it.

1 comment:

Heather Grace said...

This was a beautiful post :) Sometimes I think I take living in such a remote part of Colorado for granted, but waking up to those beautiful mountains every morning is a reminder of how beautiful God is, and how beautiful he made every piece of His creation!

Thank you for this - I needed it today :)