April 14, 2010

Here, Lord. Here's My Heart.

Psalm 37:4 "Be happy with the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart."

I have given you my heart. And I will continue to give it to you - day by day. Hour by hour. Moment by moment. I am placing it in your hands. No matter much I want to run with my feelings, no matter how hard it is. Even though I want to hold on to it and give it away as I please, I am trusting you. I am asking you to take it, to guard it. Your plan is perfect. Your will is flawless. The future looms ahead with all these unanswered questions - but you already know the answers... don't you? I believe in you. I trust in you. But, that doesn't mean it's easy. It's a constant choice. To let you
have the power. To let you have control over who I am and where I'm heading. Where I will be a few years from now. You know my heart, Lord. You know - because it's yours. You have it in the palm of your hand. Can you see how it beats? How it beats for you. You are my first love. You are my passion. You are number one. The object of my affection. I will always choose you. I will always put your desires above my own... Or, at least, I will try. I know I will mess up. (But, you know that too.) I will give you everything. With all that I have. With all that I am. I'm trying not to worry, God. I'm trying not to overthink. Or play the "what-if" game. Or imagine what my life might be like. I am trying to take it day by day. Because, right now, that's the only way I see myself staying focused on you. There are so many things I want to know. Certain things. Important things. The desire of my heart... I am trying not to let it run away with me. Eyes above and focused on You. I will make it through. This day. And all the days to come. And when you reveal your plan to me. When you show me. It will be okay. Because, no matter what, it will be for a reason. Your reason. Let my desires be your desires. Let the feelings within me come from you, and only you. You know the desires of my heart... let them come from you. Let what I'm feeling be from you. I love you. I am trusting you. I believe all things work together for the good, your good. The future is uncertain. The way is narrow. The view is sometimes dim. But you are the light. You are the answer. You are the hope. I will hold onto you. To survive, I will never let you go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I should have read this last night. I needed to read this.

:)

-JG