April 25, 2010

Follow Me.



Though to say we got much hope,
If I am lost it's only for a little while.

To the feelings of loss, and to being lost. To the remnants of inadequacy, and to self-doubt. To the inability to believe, and to the lack of faith. To the unresolved past, and to the guilt. To the fear of the future, and the unanswered desires of our heart. : You have not won. And, you will not win. This may be a path of unknown destinations and questions without answers. But, I do not embark alone. I come armed. And, your demise is drawing near. I know you want me to hold on. And, I used to believe I wanted that too. It was comfortable to wallow. It was safe to remain where I was. It was easy to not face you. It was nice to pretend that you didn't exist. But, it wasn't fulfilling. You do nothing more than tie me down, and hold me back. And so, as I embark on this narrow path towards the life I've always wanted... you need to know that I'm leaving you behind. For, you see, I've found something that is greater than anything you have ever given me, or tried to offer me. Far greater than all the lies you have asked me to believe over the years.

I do not embark alone. For, I have found the truth. Here on this path, lost in the silence, I have heard. I have seen. I walk now with a willingness to follow the One who has saved me. The One who has promised to never leave me. The One who will always be there. To the feelings of loss, and to being lost: I have been found, by God. To the remnants of inadequacy, and to self-doubt: I have been told that God will use me in my weakness, for He is strong, and through Him, I will be strong. To the inability to believe, and the lack of faith: I have faith in God's unfailing love, freely given. I will believe in this, in Him, because it makes me whole again. To the unresolved past, and to the guilt: Your chains are broken. Christ is stronger. I am forgiven. I am saved. To the fear of the future, and the unanswered desires of my heart: I trust that God has a plan. He will grant me the desires of my heart, as I seek Him each and every day, and follow where He leads.

The steps of a man are established by the Lord, when he delights in His ways; though he stumbles, he will never fall, for the Lord holds him by the hand.

1 comment:

Tabitha Wells said...

Absolutely beautiful. Thanks for the reminder of hope :)