April 09, 2010

A perfect moment.

You look down from heaven, and melt me with your gaze.

I am standing here, between now and forever, unable to move. The world goes still. I close my eyes. I hear the music. It's beautiful, but I feel like crying. And I can't explain it. But, I feel it. Draw me into you. I want to stay lost here. Here, where the world makes sense. Here, where the pain can't reach me. Here, where I can lose control and it's okay. Your love accepts me as I am. I am free. I am worthy. I am whole. I let it all go and give it to you. I find you. I let you touch me. I let you hold me. Because, this is all I know. This is the only place I run.

The music says more than I ever could.

The music is always there, waiting for me to push play. The music never fails me. The music never stops until I want it to. I put on my headphones and the world dissapears. I am lost, but somehow, I am found. Deep breaths. Letting the instruments and voices collide into some hidden meaning. I hear something. Even in the absence of words, I hear something. It's more than just my ears. It's my soul. It's my body. It's my entire being beating back. Suddenly, nothing else matters. This is my world. This is my secret place. No one can find me here.

My mouth may stay closed, but there are still words being said.

Sometimes I can't say out loud everything I feel. My mind is cluttered and I can't find articulation. But I can always find a paper and a pen. I can always find the keys beneath my fingers - starting to speak in some melodic harmony of their own. And, suddenly I have spoken. Sometimes I close my eyes. I hear what I'm saying in my head and let my fingers do the work subconsciously. Yes, I mispell. Yes, I forget words. That is what editing is for. Because closing your eyes. Listening the perfect song. Typing, and letting your mind takee you away - there is nothing more calming than that.

I am alive. I am breathing. I am at peace.

No comments: